Adapted from a recipe on www.taste.com.au
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (150g each) snapper fillets (skin on)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Steamed white long-grain rice, to serve
- 400g fresh pineapple, peeled, finely diced
- Green tips of 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 green chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Cook corn in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain, cool and cut corn into 2.5cm-thick rounds.
2. To make the pineapple salsa: place pineapple, spring onion, capsicum, chilli and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Combine turmeric, curry powder and oil in a small bowl. Place fish on a plate and brush both sides with the turmeric mixture.
4. Heat a barbecue hotplate or frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook the fish, skin-side down, for approximately 3 minutes. Turn and cook the fish for a further 3 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
5. Add corn and lemon quarters to the barbecue hotplate. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden and just starting to char. Place steamed rice on serving plates. Top with fish, pineapple salsa and serve with corn and charred lemons.Image credit: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/44446/spiced+snapper+with+barbecued+corn+and+pineapple+salsa