|Image from taste.com.au|
4 large red capsicum, deseeded and cut in half
4 slices sourdough spelt bread*
1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
100g pitted kalamata olives, halved
1/2 cup torn basil leaves
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Place capsicum under the griller for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally until skins blacken and blister. Turn occasionally. Place aside to cool.
2. Brush bread with 1 tablespoon of oil. Place bread under the griller until lightly charred. Tear into bite-sized pieces.
3. Peel capsicum over a bowl to save juice. Discard skins. Cut into 3cm wide strips.
4. Place bread, capsicum, tomatoes, olives and basil in a large bowl.
5. Season bread mixture with salt and pepper.
6. Whisk remaining oil, vinegar and capsicum juice together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad.
7. Toss salad gently and serve